12/1/10

Here's to New Beginnings!

Happy New... Month! We're 30 days early for the official New Year hoopla, but I can't wait that long. Seems to me that December 1st is just as good of a day to celebrate our past and eagerly anticipate great things to come as January 1st. So, here's to new beginnings! It's a new day. It's a new month. And, it's a new start for me.

There are only 10 days of voting left in the Good Mood Gig contest. While I know that there will be other criteria used to pick the winner, if it was based on who had the best bunch of people supporting him/her, I'd win for sure. Heck - I already feel like a winner because of your help and kindness, and I can't thank you enough.

We may not have the most votes, but ours are sure heartfelt and genuine, and I think that counts for a lot. So much so, in fact, that I started thinking - maybe I'd better be doing some serious preparation for this job. Sure, I can talk the talk, but can I walk the walk? Could I really post a feel-good blog every day? Am I really the right person to be Sam-E's next Good Mood Blogger? Guess it's time to find out.

So - Merry Christmas. Or, Happy New Year. Or, maybe just Thank You. Whatever you choose to attribute it to, from now through December 10th, when voting ends, I've decided to do a good mood post every weekday. It's the least I can do to let you know how much I appreciate your support. Plus, I'm hoping you'll give me some feedback and let me know what you think. (You do know, of course, that once the voting stops you all become my editors and proofreaders, right? This is a life-long gig you've gotten yourself into. Anyone out there wash windows or give good advice on retirement investing?)

But, here's the thing...according to several studies that I found online, approximately 92% of New Year's resolutions fail. You don't want to become a tragic statistic, do you - your good intentions rubbed out by crushing odds? There is hope, however. As far as I can tell, there have never been any studies done on the percentage of New Month resolutions that fail, so let's make some magic!

I'm starting something new that's a bit challenging but really exciting today. What about you? What have you been putting off, getting around, giving in to, or just flat out ignoring that you're ready to take on? Whether it's losing a few pounds or gaining a few friends, I invite you to join me these next ten days in doing something new for yourself. The journey of a thousand miles begins with just one step, and what better day to start strutting our stuff than today?

No comments:

Post a Comment